- Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad - Passenger Trains run Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 10 am and 2 pm, and Sunday at 2 pm and 6 pm. See schedule.
- Dickinson County Heritage Center - Open 10:00am - 5:00pm Wed. - Sat. and 1:00pm to 5:00pm on Sun.
- Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum - Open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for guests to explore the museum exhibits, gift shop, campus grounds, and the Place of Meditation. Face coverings are required only during periods of High community levels. The museum is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Greyhound Hall of Fame Museum - Open Wednesday - Sunday from 10 am-4 pm.
- Historic Seelye Mansion - Open Monday-Saturday from 10 am - 4 pm and Sunday 1-4 pm.
- Old Abilene Town - Open Saturday 11-4 and Sunday 12-3.
- Great Plains Theatre - visit www.GreatPlainsTheatre.com for showtimes.
- Jeffcoat Photography Museum - open Wed, Fri & Sat, 8:30 to 4:30 and Thursday, 9:30 to 5:30.
Restaurant Holiday Hours
- The Farmhouse - Temporarily closed for extensive renovations and upgrades.
The Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau is actively monitoring developments surrounding coronavirus. The health and safety of our visitors and residents is our highest priority and this page will be updated regularly to provide you the latest information about travel to Abilene, Kansas.
Dickinson County is no longer under a mask order. The COVID-19 Vaccine is currently being distributed to residents as well. You can view the latest information about COVID-19 cases in Dickinson County here.
Guidance for Travelers
We encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions. Travelers should observe safe travel habits as outlined by the CDC.
- Avoid large gatherings
- Practice social distancing
- If you're sick, stay home
- Practice good hygiene, including washing hands frequently, and avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with unwashed hands at all times
- If you feel ill, call your healthcare provider and stay home until you receive additional instructions from his or her office
- Cover coughs with a tissue or your sleeve
- City of Abilene
- Dickinson County, Kansas
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- U.S. Travel Association
Updated: August 12, 2022