Updated: October 29, 2020 @ 9:00 am
The Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau is actively monitoring developments surrounding coronavirus. The health and safety of our visitors and residents is our highest priority and this page will be updated regularly to provide you the latest information about travel to Abilene, Kansas.
- Dickinson County Heritage Center - Open Thursday-Saturday from 10 am - 5pm and Sunday from 1-5 pm.
- Greyhound Hall of Fame Museum - Winter Hours: Wednesday - Sunday from 9 am-4 pm.
- Historic Seelye Mansion - Open Monday-Saturday from 10 am - 4pm and Sunday 1-4 pm.
- Old Abilene Town - Grounds are open.
- Great Plains Theatre - visit www.GreatPlainsTheatre.com for showtimes.
- Jeffcoat Photography Museum - open Wed, Fri & Sat, 8:30 to 4:30 and Thursday, 9:30 to 5:30.
- Abilene restaurants and retail businesses
- Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad - closed for winter
- Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum
- Abilene Travel Information Center
- Event cancelations are also listed on our website’s Events Page.
- Ortus Cafe- temporarily closed (Gallery still open)
- The Brookville Hotel - closed
- 3rd Street Deli & Market - closed
- Midwest Snowcone & Creamery - temporarily closed
Guidance for Travelers
We encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions. Travelers should observe safe travel habits as outlined by the CDC.
- Avoid large gatherings
- Practice social distancing
- If you're sick, stay home
- Practice good hygiene, including washing hands frequently, and avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with unwashed hands at all times
- If you feel ill, call your healthcare provider and stay home until you receive additional instructions from his or her office
- Cover coughs with a tissue or your sleeve