Spend Memorial Day Weekend in Abilene, Kansas! Here are 5 things to do in Abilene on Memorial Day Weekend.
1. Attend the Grand Opening of the New Trail Center at Old Abilene Town
Guests are invited to join in the fun at a cowboy supper and concert at the Bull’s Head Pavilion in Old Abilene Town at 6 pm featuring music from Geff and Dawn Dawson.
2. Ride the Rails with the Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad
Abilene’s 102-year-old Baldwin 4-6-2 will be running Saturday at 10 am and 2 pm, Sunday at 2 pm, and Monday at 10 am and 2 pm.
All trips are narrated and last approximately 2 hours. Advance tickets encouraged.
3. See Godspell at Great Plains Theatre
Showtimes are Friday, May 28 at 7:30 pm, Saturday, May 29 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm, and Sunday, May 30 at 2 pm.
4. Tour the Historic Seelye Mansion
Open Monday-Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday from 1-4 pm.
5. Shop, eat, and stay in Abilene!