- 1st Place - Jarda Sutton - 1205 W 1st
- 2nd Place - Melissa Reynolds - 1003 N Walnut
- 3rd Place - Emily Engle - 103 NW 16th St
- Mayor's Choice - Billy Hansen - 1006 Spruceway St
- Mayor's Choice - Tori Murphy - 1215 NW 2nd St
- Mayor's Choice - Josh Summers - 201 NE 12 St
- Mayor's Choice - Melinda Bruna - 1200 N Olive St
Calling all Griswolds! If you love decorating for the holidays, we have a contest for you!
Join in the fun by participating in the Cowtown Christmas Light Showdown, Saturday, December 4!
Here's how it works:
1. You must live within Abilene's City Limits
2. You must register online at: https://secure.rec1.com/KS/abilene-ks/catalog and click on "special events". The contest is limited to the first 20 entries (you can enter as individual homes or work together as a block or neighborhood) and there is no charge to enter.
3. Entries must have lights on and be ready to go at 5:00 pm on Saturday, December 4.
4. Winners will be announced at 8:00 pm at Little Ike Park.
1. All voting will take place in conjunction with the Christmas Cruise for Food.
2. Drop off a food item or monetary donation from 4:30-6:30 pm at the Abilene Food Bank, 409 NW 3rd Street next to the Sunflower Hotel. Please use the eastbound lane that is designated for dropoffs and volunteers from the Food Bank and Neighbor to Neighbor will be waiting to accept your donations.
3. Then, you will receive a ballot and map for the Cowtown Christmas Light Showdown.
4. Cruise around Abilene to view all of the entries and select your favorite.
5. Ballots must be turned in by 7:30 pm at Amanda's Bakery & Bistro, 302 N. Broadway Ave.
- First Place - $2,000 - sponsored by Solid Rock Audio Video, Cory Frey
- Second Place - $1,000 - sponsored by Almost Home Realty, Shelly Crane
- Third Place - $500 - sponsored by Solid Rock Audio Vision, Cory Frey
- Mayor's Choice - 4 houses will receive $100 each - sponsored by JRI Hospitality, Inc., Ingermanson Farms, Salina Country Club, and The Farmhouse
For questions, please contact Abilene Parks & Recreation at 1020 NW 8th Street.