Ride the rails with the Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad. Enjoy an open-air car ride or ride inside an air-conditioned car. The train departs Abilene eastbound for a 10½ mile round trip through the Smoky Hill River Valley to the neighboring community of Enterprise, KS. In Enterprise, the train stops for riders to see the Hoffman Grist Mill, with a rebuilt working waterwheel that mills flour.
All trips are narrated.
May, September, & October
- Saturday - Departures at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Sunday - Departure at 2:00 PM
Memorial Day thru Labor Day
- Thursday, Friday, & Saturday - Departures at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- No Sunday regular train during the summer months
- No Regular Trains on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
Steam trains will run on some holiday weekends.
Regular Passenger Train Fares
- Adults (age 12 and over): $16.00
- Children (age 3-11): $8.00
- Children 2 and younger: Free
NOTE: On the dates that the steam locomotive operates pulling the regular passenger trains the fare is higher.
200 SE Fifth Street