- Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad - Saturday departures at 10 am and 2 pm and Sunday departures at 2 pm.
- Dickinson County Heritage Center - Open Wednesday-Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday 1-4 pm
- Greyhound Hall of Fame Museum - Open Wednesday - Sunday from 10 am-4 pm.
- Historic Seelye Mansion - Open Monday-Saturday from 10 am - 4 pm and Sunday 1-4 pm.
- Old Abilene Town - Grounds are open to walk through. Buildings are open Saturdays from 10 am - 4 pm and Sundays from 1-4 pm
- Great Plains Theatre - visit www.GreatPlainsTheatre.com for showtimes.
- Jeffcoat Photography Museum - open Wed, Fri & Sat, 8:30 to 4:30 and Thursday, 9:30 to 5:30.
- Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum - visit www.EisenhowerLibrary.gov for more information.
- Abilene Travel Information Center - temporarily closed. See outdoor digital kiosk or CVB office on the west end of the building.
- Event cancelations are also listed on our website’s Events Page.
The Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau is actively monitoring developments surrounding coronavirus. The health and safety of our visitors and residents is our highest priority and this page will be updated regularly to provide you the latest information about travel to Abilene, Kansas.
Dickinson County is no longer under a mask order. The COVID-19 Vaccine is currently being distributed to residents as well. You can view the latest information about COVID-19 cases in Dickinson County here.
Guidance for Travelers
We encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions. Travelers should observe safe travel habits as outlined by the CDC.
- Avoid large gatherings
- Practice social distancing
- If you're sick, stay home
- Practice good hygiene, including washing hands frequently, and avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with unwashed hands at all times
- If you feel ill, call your healthcare provider and stay home until you receive additional instructions from his or her office
- Cover coughs with a tissue or your sleeve
- City of Abilene
- Dickinson County, Kansas
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- U.S. Travel Association
Updated: September 7, 2021