2. The sale almost didn't happen! In January 1982 - a month before purchasing the property, the mansion caught fire.
4. The Tietjens brothers purchased the Historic Seelye Mansion from the Seelye sisters. Their deal even allowed the sisters to remain with the home! Can you imagine purchasing a home and living alongside its former owners?
5. The Historic Seelye Mansion was built to entertain! Can you imagine how many visitors have entered through its doors?
6. Ten years after selling the family home, Helen Seelye, the last remaining member of the A.B. Seelye family, passed away.
7. The Historic Seelye Mansion is not only a Kansas treasure; it also garnered nationwide publicity when it was honored with a Midwest Travel Writers Association GEMmy Award.
8. A true wonder! The Kansas Sampler Foundation also named the Seelye Mansion an 8 Wonders of Kansas - Architecture winner.